Wednesday 26 March 2014

When It Rains, It Pours

And I love the rain! (Seriously, as a Vancouver girl, you have to learn to embrace it or you'll never get out of bed.)

A lot of good stuff has flown at me over the past couple weeks. First, I can officially call myself a freelance writer (emphasis on the free, but that's neither here nor there) as I landed a gig writing for Kitsilano.ca. I get to write pretty much anything I want about what's going on in my neighbourhood. Fashion, food, fitness - it's all up to me to explore and document it all. Is there anything more fun than that? (At the risk of shameless self-promotion, I'll just casually pop in this link here...k that's all.)

Second, I got accepted to the Masters program in English Literature at UBC! This blog initially started out as a way for me to document my life as an English student and aspiring writer/professor, so I am SO happy (and relieved) that the pieces are falling into place. I recently was introduced to the following quote, and I have turned to it in moments of stress and uncertainty and moments of happiness and clarity. I find it especially relevant today.

“Eventually all things fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moments, and know EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON." 

-Albert Schweitzer

This is the philosophy I live with - to work hard and be smart, but to laugh when things may go wrong, be in the moment, and trust that what is meant to be will be. If you do that, you can always have a smile on, knowing that things will turn out right in the end.

Now, I will have to share more about my impending studies later, as I have a writing assignment to work on and some graduate courses to enroll in - yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment