Thursday 20 February 2014

Thursday

Once in a while, I wake up inspired.

It is wonderful to wake up in the morning feeling so peaceful and positive. When this feeling coincides with a day off, suddenly anything seems possible. And when you realize that the rare February sun is shining, opportunities for the day ahead appear endless. Is there anything better than a blue sky Thursday with absolutely nothing to do? Right now, I can't think of a single thing that could top that.

When I wake up with this feeling of pure contentment and exhilaration, there are two things I want to do. I want to run and I want to write. And today, my schedule and the weather not only permitted but also encouraged both.

After a lazy morning of snoozing the alarm and drinking coffee in bed, I walked down to the beach (yes, walked - more on my new home to come soon, I'm sure, as I'm absolutely obsessed with the Kits life and probably won't be able to not brag about it for much longer) for a lovely run along the sunny but windy seawall. (The flow was somewhat interrupted by my incessant need to stop every thirty seconds to take a picture of the breathtaking view (To my new iPhone: I love you, but you're much too possessive! When will you loosen this hold you have over me?), but nevertheless it was exhilarating.) After nipping home for a shower and lunch I ventured out again to settle into one of my favourite coffee shops with a giant mug of steaming tea, my laptop, a slice of sunshine, and hours of free time to just write.

A day sparked by inspiration and clear skies lends itself to endless opportunity. Sometimes the day calls for adventure and excitement, for new experiences, for activities and plans. But sometimes, it calls for alone time and reflection, for comfort, and for appreciation of the little things.

Sometimes I want to just run and write, and today I got to do both. Is there anything better than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment